Well, I have a few and I'm not off to a grand start, but I am trying to make changes.
1. Quit smoking...this isn't happening cold turkey, but I have cut down quite a bit. One day, I will no longer smoke and will be grateful for that every day of the rest of my life.
2. FLYing...I need to fly on my house. I have too much CRAP...stuff I no longer use or need. It's time to let go and I'm ready. Just dread going through all the junk to find the goodies.
3. Rennovating....I have lived here about 7 years and have not done much of anything to it. Painted the basement...put in some flowerbeds outside...ripped up carpet in kitchen and put down tile. That's about it. Jarrett and I are getting ready to paint the living room...then his room...ripping up carpet in his room and putting down laminate. It will be a slow process, but we are looking forward to some pretty changes.
4. Exercising...want to do some form of exercise for 45 mintues a day. I have a total gym...owned it for 5 years...used it 3-4 times. Pitiful. I have lots of exercise videos and dvds...always buy them with high expectations and then they just collect dust bunnies. I am turning Joseph's old room into a workout room and hopefully this will be the motivation I need. Everything in one room...all set up and ready to go.
5. Better choices...when it comes to food. I want to cook more...have an AWESOME new recipe scrapbook that I want to use. Want to stop eating junk food that I'm just going to have to work off later. Moderation...isn't that the key?
None of these are absolutes. That's what's wrong with New Year's Resolutions. If I smoke today (which I have) I have failed. NO...what about all the cigarettes I didn't smoke today because I said NO? If I don't exercise tomorrow, have I failed? NO! Just need to get back on the wagon tomorrow.
Anyone want to help me pull my little red wagon??? :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment